Monday, December 29, 2008

Call me cheesy,corny or cheesy corn....

Does anybody remember the song "Save Yourself" by Sense Field?? I don't think very many people do. I was driving around with B.Myers last night waiting for Christian to get out of his guys Bible study, and I stumbled across this song in B's ipod. I played it, and once again 3ish years later, I was blessed by it. I know, that most of the topics with me and my friends, have to do with relationships, past relationships, or relationships longed for, but unattainable. I'm reminded daily by my allison that, "Jesus has your perfect help mate. Don't worry" and that "there is NOTHING too hard for the Lord." (Genesis 18:14), and Britt Merrick once said "The person behind the promise IS the power." The cliche, but true phrase "Let go, and let God." Is constantly becoming more and more real to me. I understand that He has me in the place that He has me for a reason. Allison shared with me, something that she heard at the womens Christmas tea at Calvary Chapel San Juan Capistrano, and It made the picture that was clearing up, a little bit MORE clear "Not only does God have a PERFECT timing, He has a PROPER timing." AGH! Is what I said to that! How true!! Not only does EVERYTHING happen when it's supposed to-It happens when it's appropriate. How GREAT is our God?!?! Pretty dang Amazing!
Anyways, I started out talking about a song, so I figured I'd end with the lyrics:


(Keep in mind, the lyrics ARE a little bit cheesy, but they're a reminder, to the girl who forgets sometimes, that there IS something perfect and proper .)


Turn out the light Just say goodnight, to yourself May I remind you
When you find you, you're all alone is when you've got to be strong
Cause that's when they call you, in the nightHe's got your picture in his mind
He's got your number on a paper at his disposal anytime Is it really true
Could you save yourself for someone who, loves you for youSo many times we
just give it away, to someone whoSomeone who you met in bar The back of a car
And for a moment you felt important but not in your heart My self esteem, it's been
low, go ahead and count it's been lower than lowI know the feeling of it stealing life
out from under meI want to learn, how you save yourself for someone who, loves you
for you So many times we just give it away to someone who, couldn't even remember your nameCould you save yourself for someone who, loves you for you, loves me for me
Give it away to someone who someone who will cherish your name Cause I want to
learn, can you save yourself for Someone who will love you for you so many times we
Just give it away, someone who, couldn't even remember your nameYou save yourself
for someone who, loves you for you,Loves me for me
Give it away to someone who, someone who will
Cherish your name Cherish your name

3 comments:

Brittany Anne said...

:)

Melissa Ashley said...

sweet.

Liz said...

thanks for posting this =]

this is seriously the reminder i need to hear pretty much every day of my life!