Wednesday, December 3, 2008

38 degrees

In April, one of my very dearest friends Martha E. Hernandez bid me farewell, and moved to Garner, North Carolina to pursue a new chapter in life. I missed her SO very much, that I decided to just ask my boss if maybe I could have a couple of weeks off, to go and visit this random choice of a home. "yes" said my boss. I was shocked, but SOO very excited, that I would get to go and visit my martha, and 5 days ago...the time had come. I packed on Thursday night (Thanksgiving) and was at the airport @ 5 a.m the next morning. I had a layover in Chicago, and then my plane landed in Raleigh/Durham. As I took the escalator down to the baggage claim I could see Martha and Ashley waiting at the bottom. We got SO excited to see each other, it was a definite pee your pants moment. So the 5 days have been bliss. Talking, Laughing, Shopping, Eating and just Being. I've got 9 days left, and we've got plans to go to Wilmington ( where they film One Tree Hill, and where A walk to remember was filmed) and possibly Philly....I'm SOOO freaking excited. I love Orange County, and it will always be "home", but getting away is always nice....

No comments: