Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yeah, I said man fast.

(Pictures just make things more interesting...they're irrelevant.)

I have been punched in the heart (figuratively speaking) quite a few times in my life, due to my lacking the ability to guard my heart. Due to me being SUPER naive, and SUPER prone to emotionally attaching myself to everything. So, I decided in April, to have a fast from the opposite sex. For a couple of reasons:
(1) To be able to spend time alone with my Jesus, and draw close to Him, so that He would once again draw close to me, and I would re-focus on Him being my number 1, and Him being THEE only important thing to me.
(2)That I would grow up and end that mind set.
So, the date was set, that my "Man fast" would end at the end of August, and I would be free to let my guard down. WELL GUESS WHAT?!!? I changed my mind! Why SHOULD my man fast end? Why SHOULD I open myself back up for being in pain again? I'm not going to. My man fast is extended until further notice. I am having an AMAZING time being in my Jesus' presence constantly. Reading about all things theological, praying for anything and everything, and just focusing on keeping Him where He belongs. First in my life, thoughts,days,conversation,and the only One who has any access to THIS girls heart! Thank you very much and have a nice day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz said...

i need to go on a fast like this...

Magdalene Barbara said...

It's been a blessing for sure. A curse at the same time, because it makes you aware of WHAT you're fasting from.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.