Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Today at work. . .

It was just after 2pm, and I was off already. I had just clocked out and was sitting in the loss prevention office talking to my friend Jenn. The fire alarm goes off. Chaos happens. Managers running in and out talking about the possible evacuation about to incur. 911 gets called. I ask the loss prevention manager if, even though I already clocked out, does she want me to go down and help get the kids out of my department. YES. She says. So RUN I do. Down to smaland. We get the kids lined up, grabbing a rope, 99cent store flip flops on their feet,and out to the 5 flag poles, where we wait for their parents. APPARENTLY one of the air conditioning unit's had a part that had started sparking and started sending smoke through a vent in our computer room. SO the firemen came, and the police came, and the helicopters came, and within 35 minutes the store was reopened......It was an adventure needless to say...those crazy swedes....

1 comment:

Liz said...

whoa! intense!

at least it was a blogable moment! :)