Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Arithmetic

I've been staring at the sky tonight. Marvelling and passing time. Wondering what to do with daylight Until I can make you mine You are the one I want, you are the one I want. I've been thinking of changing my mind. It never stays the same for long, But of all the things I know for sure, You're the only certain one, You are the one I want, you are the one I want. I've been counting up all my wrongs One sorry for each star, See I'd apologise my way to you If the heavens stretched that farYou are the one I want, you are the one I want [Chorus]I won't find what I am looking for If I only "see" by keeping score, 'Cos I know now you are so much more than arithmetic, 'Cos if I add, if I subtract, If I give it all, try to take some back, I've forgotten the freedom that comes from the fact, That you are the sum. So you are the oneI want. When the years are showing on my face, And my strongest days are gone. When my heart and flesh depart this place, From a life that sung your song, You'll still be the one I want, You'll still be the one I want,You'll still be the one I want,You'll still be the one I want. -Brooke Fraser

No comments: