Friday, March 13, 2009

Love is STRONGER than death.

I forgot to mention what the verse in my tattoo says. Psalm 61:2 "from the end of the earth, I will cry to YOU. When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the ROCK which is higher than I."


This year High School Winter Camp was entitled "Love is stronger than death."
It was the most incredible camp experience I have ever had, as a counselor, and it far surpassed any memories I have as a camper. For 3 of the sessions we had Jonathan Bilima, who was an incredible blessing to have (He'd gotten married the weekend prior!!), and his wife Pauline was SUPER sweet. We had awesome times of worship with our worship team (Jake Rowley,William Funderburk,Chris Genneway, Janine Genneway,David Beylik,Jessy Nelson, and special guests- John and Jake Randall-ALL whom are some of my very favorite people), and "Breakout Sessions" where the girls were SO blessed AGAIN by Michelle Randall, Pastor John's wife. We played in the snow, went intertubing (which was kinda worth the climb), Jessica got PUMMELED by Mr. Rowley, met a snowman whom I named Mr.Right, and his pet raccoon who I dont think had a name. The spiritual warfare was SO INTENSE! The Lord reminded us that the battle has already been won! That HE is VICTORIOUS, and that we have NO reason to fear, because He is our protection! God is SOOOO good!! Camp was an amazing time, and I am incredibly blessed, and honored that this is where God has chosen me to be! Here are some pictures of our time.


GOD IS LOVE, AND LOVE IS STRONGER THAN DEATH

2 comments:

*Blah Blah Blah* said...

so stoked that i got to share this camp experience with you my love!!!

Magdalene Barbara said...

Me too, my love!