Thursday, August 6, 2009

Or in the earthquake..

"Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. So when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard a voice of One speaking." Ezekiel 1:28

This verse blesses me all throughout, but especially at the end of the verse, when it says "I fell on my face, and I heard a voice of One speaking." For me, I'm 100% selfish on most days.I've been thinking a lot about how, sometimes the only time we talk to Jesus, is to ask Him for something, to ask Him to give us what we want. We want answers NOW, and we want to know what He can give us right NOW. I feel, and know, that when this is the case, He's silent.He wants to give us, what HE has planned,what HE knows is best for us, WHEN He wants to give them to us. I'm anxious daily..I've read Philippians 4:6-8 a trillion times, and every time it blesses me, but then 10 minutes after I've read it, I see/hear something that makes me anxious again. I've found that ONLY after I have spent time seeking the Lord's face, and talking to Him like the best friend that He is...THAT is when the anxiety leaves me. When I remember that He's not in the wind,the fire,or the earthquake (1Kings 19:11-12), but in the still small voice-I feel peace, because I know that my heart is safe with Him,when I am on my face,not even having the words to say, to express how much love I have in my heart for Him,that's when I stop feeling anxious.

No comments: